Savings and Investments
Having worked hard to accumulate your savings and investments, you will want to protect them. With the introduction of self-assessment came the emphasis on the individual to ensure that their personal tax affairs are up-to-date and correct. If you have savings and investments in the UK, either directly or through some other entity, you will need to consider how UK taxes apply.
If you are looking to take advantage of the available tax allowances, exemptions and reliefs, our experts in taxation can provide you with all the relevant information and guidance. We are also able to inform you about the latest options with tax favourable investments and shelters. You will be kept closely informed on tax changes which affect you personally, as well as providing estimates of potential tax liabilities and making sensible suggestions. We look to give our clients a pro-active and added value service.
Whether you have never lived in the UK or have never left, you will need assistance with your UK investments. We take away the hassle of the necessary paperwork, and the worry of adhering to the necessarily strict tax regulations.
We can assist you with your UK investments by providing :
- advice regarding taxes on income, capital gains, gifts and inheritance of assets to UK residents and non-residents
- advice on mitigating or deferring taxes, often post transaction
- guidance on the stamp duty or stamp land tax chargeable on transfers of land or other property
- assistance with applications to join the Non Resident Landlord Scheme
- help with arranging a reduction on the income tax relating to investment income for non-residents
- identification of the impact of Double Tax agreements
Our experienced and trustworthy team can help you identify when and what UK tax allowances or reliefs you can claim, and how your affairs can be reorganized to reduce the administrative burden and ultimately your tax liability.